Sunday, November 16, 2008

Vietnam again!

We went to the Chu Chi Tunnels today where the Vietcong used to hide out in the war. It was full of narrow holes and corridors. Kathy bravely descended one but had to be pulled out as they are so narrow. I went partly into one but that was enough for me. It was interesting seeing these sites, there were lots of craters from the b52 bombers. We also went to a rather weird temple about a religion called something that sounds like cow die! Have to look that one up when I go home. It is a newish religion encompassing elements from lots of different religions. The temple was really huge and gaudy but beautiful too. Then we went to a factory employing handicapped people from the war and those younger persons effected by agent orange. They make beautiful laquer ware there. I havent seen a lot of cemeteries as most people are cremated but there are some in the outer areas of the city. The graves are above ground type crypts because the water table is right up to them. There are heaps of rice paddies around and rubber plantations. Tomorrow we fly to Danang so I will have to pack my bag up. What a job, I am sure nothing will fit back in! May have to toss my knickers out after all! xxxx

11 comments:

Collie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
VALLIE
from Collie
and the kids


Hi Vallie love xxxxx,,,,,you certainly are having a great time over there
Below is the url for a new layout
thought I better to put on now just in case you cannot post in the next couple of days

http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Vallie_Birthday_PSP_Medium_.jpg

As you will be in Hue at the Asia Hotel you'll probably go out too dinner to celebrate for your birthday.

Have fun and catchup soon...

Love Collie and the kids
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Leslie said...

Enjoying reading this Vallie!

I'm off to the airport in an hour and a half to go home to Canberra.

I've enjoyed my three days with my sister. :)

samm said...

see I told you so Vallie said leave the knickers at home hehehehhehehe I am loving following your trip sounds so interesting and such amazing opportunities to learn and take awesome photos.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see your trip in your blog, Vallie! And I cannot wait to see the photos and layouts!

Gabby Faye said...

Such a wonderful trip you are taking...and thanks for sharing it with us.

Inky said...

Happy Birthday Vallie - what a wonderful birthday present for you to be there enjoying all these amazing sites!!

dagwood said...

What a strange Birthday this one will be!! Have a great day, and don't worry about the undies, throw them out (told you to get paper ones) you will probably get new ones for your birthday when you get home.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY -

Sounds like your having an exciting trip. Looking forward to pictures when you get back..

Collie said...

Hi Vallie

Hope you have wonderful day today...Happy Birthday Tuesday 18th to you and Kathy xxxxx
aee you at airport on Sunday...
and sorry.....xxxxxxxxx

love Collie
xxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday for 18th Vallie. There are lots of lovely birthday messages for you in the GT. Can't wait till you get home, we are SO missing you. Enjoy the rest of the week and come home safely. Hugs JillEG

jennilynn10 said...

Happy Birthday Vallie!!! (still the 18th here in the US) Your trip sounds fabulous! I really enjoy reading about it. Your writing is wonderful. We miss you at the GT! hugs, Jen

Beauty is Eternity

Beauty is Eternity

My Love Lies Bleeding

My Love Lies Bleeding