Thursday, November 13, 2008
Good Morning Vietnam!
Couldn't resist saying that! We were so brave and had another tuk tuk ride around Phnom Penh before we had to leave for the airport. The flight to Ho Chi Minh City was pretty quick only 30 minutes. Airbus A320, Vietnam Airlines. The airport at HCM is very modern and new. Our driver took us to our lunch at a restaurant in the city then to the hotel. Very nice room. Then we went to the markets to look around. Had dinner at a restaurant whilst being serenaded by a guitarist and violinist who whooped it up with Russian peasant songs amongst other classics! This is a very busy bustling city and much more modernised than Phnom Penh. I think we are going to the Viet Cong hiding holes tomorrow I think. Apparently they have widened the trenches so the fat westerners can go in! Ha Ha! I must admit to getting a bit sick of the food. One can only eat so much stir fry!!! The Vietnamese and Cambodians are not big on morning tea, coffee or chocolate! No wonder they are all slim. In Siem Reap I got waffles (surprise, surprise!!) for breakfast but they didnt have them at Phnom Penh. Drat! Hope they have some now we are in Ho Chi Minh City. I got 1 million dongs today! I am rich. NOT!!!!! It is about $100 in real money. Sounds rich though! Love to all.xxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beauty is Eternity
My Love Lies Bleeding
4 comments:
Good to see you arrived in Vietnam and am enjoying.
Another tuk tuk ride.....
we all miss you...
loves ya Collie and the kids xoxoxoxo
all sounds so exciting Vallie, and I am delighted to hear the joy in your "voice":D. We of the GT are missing you heaps! Love Jill EG
My goodness you are missed! Sounds like you are having a great time.
I have skipped town and not told anyone much.
"Leslie's gone to Queensland droving,
And we don't know where she are."
I'm not indispensible. They can all do without me. I'm with my sister for 3 days, who had breast cancer in February and also seeing my mom who is 85 now and recovering still from the badly broken shoulder. Up north in Bris.
Sounds so exciting! glad you are having a great time travelling. Miss you!
Post a Comment