Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hello again from Siem Reap

What a great place! The traffic is utter chaos but we seem to be surviving. Cant get used to the driving on the right side of the road thing, I keep thinking we are going to have a head-on any minute! Havent had a Tuk Tuk ride yet, hope to tomorrow, been so busy! We went to Ta Prohm today to see the jungle ruins. These are the ones that are often shown in ads for Cambodian ruins, with giant tree roots growing through the old temples. Saw other amazing ones today as well, climbed so many stairs, they looked something like the pyramids from central America I thought. Eating lots of traditional foods. Cambodians are not big on morning tea or afternoon tea, or ice cream or cappaccino or chocolate! I guess it is too hot for those sorts of foods that perish quickly. It wasnt so hot today though but a little sticky after climbing so much. I reckon I will lose a few kilos. Did a little shopping for souvenir stuff. Tomorrow we are flying to Phnom Penh early so have to pack my bag. Wish I had brought a larger one. We are touring around Phnom Penh then the next day leaving for Ho Chi Minh city (Saigon). More adventures. I miss everyone!!! Hope Felix and Kitkat are behaving. Love to all! xxxx

5 comments:

Collie said...

Wonderful trip you are having enjoying all those local cuisine and traffic chaos....
Sending a prime mover for your extra baggage....hope u havent exhausted your photo memory cards yet....knew you would take more than your limit...
We all miss your dearly and the cats are behaving,,,giving the dogs a bath today.
Have appointment with WISE for Tim on Wednesday 1 pm. and then pick up his suit.
As I am writing this Tim cannot sleep and is walking around looking for you..lol he's missing you heaps....like we all are...

Ok sign off for now and await you next entry of your adventure...

Loves ya xxxxxxxx

Leslie said...

Oh my word! Look at you! What a great time you are having!

Woo hoo! Am so enjoying reading about it. :)

Collie said...

Love you mum
Tim xxx

jennilynn10 said...

Hi Vallie! Your trip sounds fabulous! I'm thrilled for you. Thanks for the posts with all the details. I'm really enjoying hearing all about your adventures. We all miss you terribly! I hope you stay safe & continue having a wonderful time.
many hugs, Jennilynn

Collie said...

Cambodia is next leg on Amazing Race on Thursday 15th on Ch. 7 so will tape it ..showed teams trecking over Angwor Wat in promo..looked good....have a wonderful time in Phnom Penh today and on your journey to Vietnam tomorrow afternoon...
hugs and kisses from us all xoxoxoxo

Beauty is Eternity

Beauty is Eternity

My Love Lies Bleeding

My Love Lies Bleeding