Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chromatic Fix

I took this photo at Rookwood Cemetery. Taking photos into the sky is quite tricky as the light is so bright that it makes the camera shut down and you end up with a dark shot of the subject. I had to figure out a manual setting so the statue was viewable and not in shadow. I noticed heaps of blue fringing around the trees which is known as chromatic aberration. I haven't noticed that before in my shots so did some looking up on the net. I fixed the fringing in Paint Shop Pro pretty easily. Yay! It can be done in Photoshop too but my poor computer labours with it and I really love PSP anyway. So I went through my other photos taken in similar light and fixed those as well. I want to get my cemetery shots printed and put in a album. Prints are pretty cheap these days so it shouldn't break the bank too much.

4 comments:

Freda said...

Yeah Vallie, I am a groupie too! Love your blog, looking forward to following your adventures!

Alice said...

Hi Vallie,
I look forward to spending time visiting you on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Lets see if I pass muster today:D...JillEG

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, it worked...yesterday's 4 posts didnt show up. I'll try using my DSP name. Love your blog...how about you tell us how you do your photo fixing in PSP hey? In fact lots of PSP tutorials would go down great I reckon.

Beauty is Eternity

Beauty is Eternity

My Love Lies Bleeding

My Love Lies Bleeding